Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge



Hello! The challenge for this month was to demonstrate techniques we have learned from someone else whether online or in person.

My card for this month's blog hop is inspired by a few different techniques and a couple of crafters.


The first two techniques I used involved altering ribbon. The sentiment was stamped on twill ribbon and the silk ribbon was colored with Copic markers to get a custom color. These I learned on Nicole Heady's blog. The final inspiration was the felt flower which was inspired by an image in Dawn McVey's Color Couture Volume 3. Here is a close-up:


Thank you Nicole and Dawn for all of your endless inspiration!

Have fun blog hopping!

Happy Anniversary

stamps: Wonderfully Whimsical (Papertrey Ink)

ink: Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)

cardstock: Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink)

patterned paper: Everyday Blessings (Papertrey Ink)

accessories: Fresh Snow Twill Ribbon, White Silk Ribbon, Ocean Tides felt, Fresh Snow Vintage Button (Papertrey Ink), Copic Markers


Comments

  1. really neat...great PTI products used! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the ribbon and the felt flowers. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your felt flowers are adorable and I too have always loved when Nichole alters her ribbons. Very pretty cards today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the flowers are so modern and fun! I have a neice who would love these flowers on a future card I send her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sentiments on twill :) You can print them using an inkjet printer as well, but stamping is much faster and less fuss! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the colors and the ribbon sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colors, I feel more relaxed just looking at this serene card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant touch of color and very pretty flower. So glad you came hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love your use of felt and this altered ribbon! Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your handmade embellishments and the time you took to create them - what a great way to make the craft stash you have go further. Thanks for the inspiration. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely mix of felt and PTI DP...great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card! I love making my own ribbon colors too-

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is still my fave paper line ever! So good to see it in your card! Your ribbon looks perfect with it - and the felt flower finishes this off perfectly! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love your felt flower!!! Such a pretty card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very serene card, love the colours and that felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blue and yellow is one of my favorite color combos so this card really caught my eye! I love the felt flower you made, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ribbon treatments - I never think to stamp on my ribbon. Your felt embellishment is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!
    Love the felt...and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet flower! It sets off the colors in the patterned paper so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love this card and the colors you used. Then I thought that I recognized that paper because I thought it was so beautiful. Yep.....Went and looked and I have Everyday Blessings but it's still in the cellophane. **rolls eyes** Thanks for giving me the nudge to open that package up and use it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment